Sharon D. Davis
Estates and Trusts Lawyer
SHARON D. DAVIS is a strategic, tactical, and seasoned legal professional. After completing her law degree, Sharon joined a leading legal publisher where she became an expert in legal research and information management. From there, she joined a well-known boutique law firm in Toronto where she honed her estates and trusts law practice. Sharon opened her own practice in Oakville in 2012, practising law in association with Richard B. Day.
Sharon’s natural insight, compassion and talent for quickly identifying the true goals and best interests of her clients set her apart from her competition and allow her to fashion practical and effective legal solutions. As an expert in legal research and information management, Sharon has a vision and passion for leveraging information to provide superior client service in the areas of estate planning, estate litigation, estate mediation, real estate and business law. If Sharon cannot help you with a matter, she can refer you to someone within her extensive network of legal and other professionals who can.
- Estate planning and administration: drafting wills, setting up trusts (including Henson trusts, family trusts), establishing powers of attorney and dealing with related tax issues
- Estate litigation: will challenges, dependent support applications, capacity assessments, guardianship issues, and trustee and executor disputes
- Estate mediation: helping parties reach a consensual settlement, with a primary focus on disputes involving estate planning, administration and acrimony among family members prior to the commencement of litigation
- Real estate relating to estates in planning (wills and trusts) and the transfer of property to surviving joint tenants and to personal representatives
- Business law relating to succession planning for business owners and privately held corporations.
Sharon has lived in Oakville with her family for almost twenty years.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- B.A., Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Mediation program at the Harvard Negotiation Institute
- Mediation program at the International Academy of Mediators
- Mediation program at the Osgoode Professional Development Conference on Mediation
- LLM Candidate – Professional LLM in Dispute Resolution at Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
MEMBERSHIPS & PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario since 1991
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Central West Regional Representative on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Bar Association
- Chair of the Ontario Bar Association Audit Committee
- Past President of the Women’s Law Association of Ontario
- Past President of the Estate Planner’s Council of Halton
- Member of the Halton County Law Association
Office Phone: 905-844-8581
You may also contact Sharon's assistant, Lee Ann Van Barneveld, by email, at email@example.com, or by phoning the office.